What a beautiful parade it was!
Great dancers, singers, beautiful costumes, and carefully prepared vehicles… Overwhelming amounts of exotic flowers, beautiful colours, sunny weather and most of all- the dedication of local residents and their passion in everything they were doing… All that summed up created an amazing spectacle and clearly the most beautiful parade I have ever seen.
Beautiful Funchal Flower Parade 2019 performers… – Gallery
These weren’t, of course, all the pictures, just some of my favourite ones. More pictures can be found here [in order of participation]:
The 2019 Edition of the Funchal Flower Parade was even richer and longer, due to the 600th anniversary of the discovery of Madeira celebrated this year on the island. The next editions will probably host 10 teams instead of 14. Nevertheless, it is definitely an event worth planning in the travel calendar for the next years.
These pictures present 14 teams who performed during the Madeira Island Flower Parade and these are:
1 ‘Seis Séculos em flor’ – João Egídio Rodrigues
2. ‘Joia’ – Isabel Borges
3. ‘Sonho de Criança’ – Associação de Animação Geringonça
4. ‘Ilha, Portal Encantado’ – Turma do Funil
5. “A Valsa das Flores” – Associação Fura Samba
6. ‘A Viagem das Flores’ – Associação Cultural Império da Ilha
7. ‘Ao Sabor do Vento’ – Sorrisos de Fantasia
8. ‘La Dolce Vita’ – Associação ANIMAD
9. ‘O Circo’ – Escola de Samba Caneca Furada
10. ‘Para falar das flores: A exuberância colorida do cortejo das flores’ – Associação Tramas e Enredos
11. ‘O Jardim Encantado’ – Dance Flavourz by Francis Cardoso
12. ‘Éden do Atlântico’ – Fitness Team
13. ‘Ilha da Fantasia’ – Santos da Festa
14. ‘A Lenda de Machim – A Flor de Amor’ – Sweet Dancers
Do you recognize yourself in the pictures? Would you like to receive a high-resolution copy? Send us an [ E-MAIL ]
Here are our videos:
A short summary of the entire parade [13:17]:
And some of my favourite moments:
The official, full video streamed live on TV can be watched [HERE]
SEE ALSO THESE POSTS ABOUT THE 2019 MADEIRA FLOWER FESTIVAL:
AS WELL AS THE ADJUSTED 2020 EDITION:
Visiting Madeira during the Flower Festival 2021? We recommend staying around this area:
Would you like to organize a wedding on Madeira Island or Porto Santo?
Do not miss our latest posts, follow us: